PLEASE NOTE THAT FINANCIAL AID IS AVAILABLE FOR DAY STUDENTS ONLY. BOARDING STUDENTS MAY NOT APPLY.
Financial Aid Information for the 2017-2018 School Year
Maui Preparatory Academy’s Financial Aid Program is committed to providing financial aid to deserving students, enabling them the opportunity for a high quality college preparatory education, which might not otherwise be available to them. The financial aid program provides our school with a well-qualified student body reflecting a broad socio-economic mixture. Maui Prep states that the ability to pay full tuition should not be a deciding factor in admission. Maui Preparatory Academy does not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical challenge, national origin, or any other characteristic in administration of its educational and admission policies, financial aid program, athletics, or other school-administered programs and activities. Financial aid is available to new and continuing students; grants benefited more than 40% of the students at Maui Prep for the 2015-2016 school year. Financial aid is available based on demonstrated need and capability. Any family who feels they need such assistance is encouraged to apply.
Selection-Students must have been offered admission (with a signed contract and tuition deposit of $500.00 on file) to Maui Prep before consideration for financial aid, and are deemed acceptable for admission without regard to financial circumstance. The Financial Aid Committee is the steward of financial aid funds and will not render a decision unless all necessary paperwork has been submitted. The amount of financial aid is determined by need, the number of applicants, and the amount of financial aid available.
Renewals-Preference will be given to returning families using the following criteria: a) all filing requirements and deadlines have been met; b) demonstrated continued need for aid; c) student’s academic progress, and d) positive parent and student contributions to the school community.
Divided Families-In matters of divorce or separation of parents, Maui Prep considers the assets of all adults in the family units before making a determination of need and cannot be bound by the assertion that one parent has disclaimed responsibility for educational expenses.
Confidentiality-Financial information provided by families and proceedings of Financial Aid Committee meetings shall be held in strict confidence.
Applying for Financial Aid
- Go to www.tads.com
- Click on the parent button and begin a new financial aid application. Choose an email address for your user name and invent a password of your choice. From the drop down boxes, you will be prompted to choose state, city, and school. Then select 2017-2018 as the school year.
- Fill out the TADS financial aid application ($34 fee)
- Maui Preparatory Academy school code is HI11083
- For assistance, families can contact TADS Parent Helpline at 1-800-477-8237 or online support at email@example.com (hours: M-F 8:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m. Central Time)
- The TADS financial aid application and all supporting documentation must be complete and submitted by March 3, 2017
- Supporting documentation required:
- 2016 filed federal tax return with 1040
- 2016 paystubs and W-2 forms from all jobs
- Tax schedules C and/or E for any business, farm, corporation, partnership, trust, and/or miscellaneous income since January 1, 2016
- Miscellaneous debt over $20,000 including: credit card, bank loan, loan companies, loans from friends or relatives, education, other
Send all supporting documentation directly to TADS via fax (612-548-3326) or postal mail to:
110 North 5th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55403
- Financial aid applications and all supporting documents must be submitted to TADS by March 3, 2017 in order to be considered for financial aid for the 2017-2018 school year. Families are encouraged to complete their 2016 taxes immediately in order to meet this deadline. Late applications may not be considered for financial aid.
- Preschool students are not eligible to apply for financial aid.
- Divorced or separated parents must each submit the above paperwork.
- Please do not send originals; financial aid paperwork will not be returned.
- At the discretion of the Head of School, financial aid may be withdrawn at any time due to concerns regarding behavior, academics, misleading financial information, or any circumstance that warrants withdrawal.
- Appeals should be sent in writing to the Maui Prep Financial Aid Committee, ATTN: Cathi Minami, within one week of receipt of financial aid award. Appeal letters should include relevant information regarding extenuating circumstances, and the requested amount of additional assistance you are seeking.